Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences conducts an All India Common Entrance Test for admission to the M.B.B.S and B.D.S Courses. Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences is a deemed university and from 29th September 2004 it has got the status of a deemed university from Human Resource Development Ministry (MHRD), Government of India.
Eligibility criteria for PIMS AICET
1. The candidate must belong to Indian nationality and must also have a proof of it.
2. The minimum age of the candidate is 17 years.
3. The candidates must also have scored a minimum of 50% marks in PCB in the class 12th examination or any other equivalent examination.
4. The candidates who have their result awaited can also apply for the examination.
Proposed important dates of PIMS AICET
1. Mid april 2009 â€“ last date for submission of completed application forms.
2. March 2009 â€“ availability of application forms.
3. Mid march to mid april 2009 â€“ distribution of hall tickets.
4. First week of may 2009 â€“ date of examination.
5. First week of june 2009 â€“ declaration of result.
6. End of june 2009 â€“ counseling schedule.
Examination pattern and syllabus for PIMS AICET
1. The examination will consist of only one question paper.
2. Total number of questions = 200 MCQs
3. 50 questions each from physics, chemistry, botany, zoology.
4. +1 for correct answer.
5. No negative marking.
6. The syllabus is same as that of class 12th examination.
Participating colleges and courses offered:
1. Rural Medical College â€“ MBBS
2. Rural Dental College â€“ BDS