SSC stands for short service commissioned officer. This selection procedure is conducted for the men and women who are not married and wish to join Indian navy as observer officer in the aviation cadre of executive branch.
Application procedure for SSC
1. The completed application form in correct format must be mailed to Post Bag No. 03, Chanakyapuri Post Office, New Delhi â€“ 110 021 via normal post only latest by 10-10-08.
2. The candidate also needs to enclose his attested class 10th certificate along with application.
3. Based on their performance in the recent examinations, the candidates will be short listed and will be called for interview.
4. The interview will take place in 2 stages over a period of 5 days during Feb to April 2009.
5. Stage 1 of the selection procedure includes intelligence Test, Picture Perception test and GD
6. Stage 2 includes Psychological Tests, Group Task and PI.
7. Finally the candidates need to clear a medical test for getting through to become a trainee.
1. The only eligibility criteria is that the age of the candidate must be between 19years to 23 years born between 02 July 1986 and 01 July 1990.
2. The candidate must be unmarried at the time of applying for the course and must remain unmarried atleast till commencement of the examination.
3. The candidate applying for the examination must have physics and mathematics as the compulsory subject in the 12th examination.
4. Only graduate candidates with atleast 55% marks in any field can apply for the examination.
Physical requirements from the candidate:
1. The minimum height for both the male and the female candidate is 162.5cms and the corresponding height to weight ratio, leg length, sitting height, thigh length.
2. The candidate must not be colorblind and bight blind. The eye sight should also be 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6.