Maharshi Dayanand University Rohtak
(Established by the State Legislature Act 25 of 1975)
Admission Notice 2007
Applications are invited for admission to the following courses of study in the University Teaching epartments and MDU PG Regional Centre, Rewari:-
1. MA in Public Administration, English, Political Science, History, Economics, Sociology, Sanskrit, Geography, Mass Communication, Psychology.
2. M.Sc. In Bio-Chemistry, Genetics, Botany, Environmental Science, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Mathematics with Computer Science.
3. M.Com, LL.M. Master of Physical Education and Bachelor of Physical Education.
4. M. Ed, in the Department of Education and in affiliated Colleges,
5. Courses where entrance test is not required: M.Sc. in Statistics, MA in Hindi, Music, Defence Studies, Fine Arts, Education PG Diploma in Translation (Hindi-English) and Certificate course in Urdu.
Note: Courses marked are also available at MDU PG Regional Centre, Rewari.
(I) Entrance Test for the courses at Sr. No. 1 to 4 (except M.Ed.) will be held from 4.7.07 to 7.7.2007. Date and time of the test for the each course is mentioned in the schedule given in the Handbook of information. Admission to the courses at Sr. No. 5 will be made on the basis of Academic merit as defined in Chapter-6 of Handbook of Information For M.Ed. Course, date and time of the test shall be notified separately.
(II) 10% seats over and above the sanctioned intake are available for NRI/ NRI- sponsored/industry sponsored candidates. The admissions under this category shall be made strictly on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination. Also seats are available for outstanding sports persons, participants of cultural activities and Kashmiri Migrants.
(III) Handbook of Information containing eligibility conditions, intake admission criteria and application form will be available on sale counter from 8.6.2007 on payment of Rs. 400/- (Rs. 100/- in case of SC/BC candidates of Haryana only) and by post from the Incharge (Publication), Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak on or before 18.6.2007 by sending a crossed bank draft of Rs. 450/- (Rs. 150/- in case of SC/BC candidates of Haryana only) drawn in favour of Finance Officer, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak payable at State Bank of India, MDU Branch, Rohtak. (Code 4734)
(IV) The Handbook of Information will also be available on cash payment at the following places:-
(i) MDU PG Regional Centre, Rewari.
(ii) Institute of Law & Mgt. Studies, Sector-40, Gurgaon.
(V) The application form complete in all respect must reach the Head of the Department concerned by 27.6.2007 (upto 5 PM) without late fee and with late fee of Rs. 500/- by 29.6.2007 (upto 5 PM). The applications received late shall be rejected.
(VI) Handbook of Information and application form can also be down-loaded from University should be accompanied with a bank draft drawn in favour of Finance Officer, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak for Rs. 400/- (Rs. 100/- for SC/BC candidates of Haryana only)